London SEO Company
Welcome to Dotwise – one of the most experienced and longest-standing SEO companies in London.
Using only ethical, white-hat SEO methods, years of experience, and a positive attitude, we’ll help to drive more qualified traffic to your website.
Use our free SEO quote form to get an idea of how much your chosen keywords will cost to optimise.
Then get in touch for more information and to get started.
Search Engine Optimisation is the process of making improvements to your website and overall online presence to maximise your chances of being found in searches for keywords related to your business.
A website which has not been optimised is unlikely to rank in search. This could cost you thousands in lost business opportunities. The truth is that all businesses need to SEO continually.
Using only white-hat, ethical SEO techniques approved and recommended by Google, we optimise your website to ensure it reaches the highest possible positions in Google and other search engines. Our SEO team have over 20 years’ experience and some stunning case studies to share with you. Find out more.
How do you find a great SEO company in London?
At Dotwise we’re obsessed with just one aim – to grow your business online. We use the latest SEO tools and techniques to provide fast, effective, ethical SEO that really works.
An SEO strategy exclusively for London
Perhaps you are wondering why you need a London-based company to provide your SEO. Well, you might not know, but SEO for London is different from any other part of the UK. London has specific characteristics, that (once you know them) can unlock the puzzle of getting to the top of the search results.
Are you an SAB?
Does your business serve a specific geographical area in or around London? If so, you have what's known as a Service Area Business (SAB). SEO campaigns focusses on London-based SABs need to focus on three specific things:
1. Geographical modifiers. When users are searching for businesses they will often use a geographical keyword to modify their search. These could be the name of a town or region such as hammersmith or putney. It could also be a generic geo-modifier such as near me. This signals to Google that the user is conducting a geographically-limited commercial search which will trigger different search results.
2. Commercial intent. The keywords used when searching can give search engines clues as to the real intent of the search. Combined with other factors such as search history, device (whether you are out and about on your mobile or at home at your desk), geo-location etc., Google can build a pretty accurate picture of what is really wanted.
For example there's a big difference between a search such as dry rot and a search like dry rot hammersmith. The former is more likely to be an informational search whilst the latter is more likely to be a commercial search (find companies that can cure dry rot).
Using this knowledge helps us to define a strategy for you that targets people making commercial-intent searches for Service Area Businesses like yours.
To take this one step further, we look closely at the geographical keywords that people actually use.
For example, do people use geographical modifiers such as london or do they search for boroughs such as waltham forest or do they search for specific towns such as stoke newington? The answer, of course, is "it depends".
The factors at play here include the type of service wanted and the distance the customer will be prepared to travel.
1. Type of business. The type of service a business provides is key. For example, if the searcher is interested in coffee, then they are far more likely to use town/village-level geo-keywords. They may even use street-level modifiers such as greek street.
Whereas, if they are after a much more specialised service such as juggling lessons, they are much more likely to use city-wide keywords such as london or even west london.
2. Travel distance. We need to consider whether the user will be prepared to travel to get the service, and if so, what distance will they be prepared to go.
Service Areas Businesses are service-providers who travel to their clients' homes or business premises. These include trades such as electricians, plumbers, builders, roofers, landscape designers, etc. And in-home services such as interior designers.
Service Area Businesses require a slightly different SEO approach when it comes to SEO. They must cover more than one geographical area in their SEO strategy. So we need to look closely at which areas to cover. We start by finding out which areas are the most profitable. And, counter-intuitively, such areas are not always the closest to the business premises. For example, for some businesses it is far quicker and easier to get on the A3 and travel to (for example) Guildford than it is to drive into central London, with the congestion charge and traffic problems that entails.
It's this kind of specialist knowledge of London that puts Dotwise in a great position to help you whether you're a Service Area Business or a local business needing visiting customers.
Markets we work in
At Dotwise we are proud to have successfully improved the online presence for businesses in these sectors:
- Estate agents
- Charities (local and national)
- Dampcoursing companies
- Homewares e-commerce businesses
- Online dating sites
- Building surveyors
- Couriers and taxi firms
- Art e-commerce businesses
- Blind installers
- Local government
- Shipping companies
- B2B services including data management
- Art schools
- Event and conference organisers
- Industrial machinery manufacturers
- Gym installers
- Bathroom installers
- Aggregates and soils agents
- Office furniture retailers
- Canvas cover manufacturers
- Recruitment consultants
- Logistics companies …
How it works
1 Business goals
We start your project by discussing your business goals. Our question is: What products or services do you want to sell and be found for in Google or other search engines? We also find out what profit you make per sale, and per customer. These figures help us to work out your expected budget for SEO services.
With this information we research the keywords that customers will likely be using to find your website.
We look at how many people search for your keywords and what synonyms there are.
We then draw up a shortlist of between 5 and 50 keywords that we will focus on.
3 SEO audit
Then, our well-trained and experienced team will conduct a thorough audit of your website.
Looking at over 50 technical points, we assess where your website’s strengths and weaknesses lie in relation to your keywords.
From this we draw up your SEO strategy – what we should work on first that will have the maximum impact for the least amount of money.
We then implement the strategy – usually over the course 3 or 6 months to several years, depending on the competition in your market sector.
We monitor the results by checking the position of your keywords every single day and recording them in our database. We then present the results to you through a custom-built digital dashboard which gives you a clear, real-time idea of the success of your campaign, whenever you wish to check in. The dashboard will tell you: how big an increase in search traffic we have delivered to you, how much better the traffic is converting into sales, leads and enquiries, and even the number and dates of all enquiries and sales made.
The cost of SEO services is driven by several factors: how well-optimised your website is at the outset, competition in the marketplace, number of keywords you want to target, etc.
Our pricing is always totally clear and transparent. We charge a modest hourly rate, discussed and agreed in advance and we stick firmly to the agreed price.
The price usually ranges from £300 to £1000 per month and the project can last from 3 months upwards depending on your ambition. We can always find a suitable solution for any budget.
To help you make the right decision, here is our guide to How to Choose an SEO Company.
Nobody knows London like we do
We cover all boroughs of London and we’re particularly active in the boroughs around Kingston, Richmond, Sutton, Croydon, Hammersmith, Lambeth, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Westminster, Camden, Waltham Forest and Merton.
Fortunately, as our team are based in London (and most have lived here all their lives) we are able to assist with this kind of hyper-local SEO.
Welcome to Dotwise – the London-based SEO company that can help drive leads, sales and enquiries to your business.
The Dotwise team
The Dotwise SEO team is headed by Gordon Smith, a web expert with 20 years in the business. He has built and run several successful website, from ecommerce to online dating!
How to get started
Just drop us a note about your business and we’ll be in touch straight away.
Further info on SEO
- Trophy Keywords vs Hidden Gems
- Interview with Gordon Smith of Dotwise
- Improve SEO During the Lockdown? It is Possible.
- Get an SEO Quotation
- Tips for Hiring an SEO Agency in 2020
- Easy Tweaks to Make Your Homepage Copy Zing
- Hinchley Wood SEO Competition – Winners Announced!
- Hinchley Wood Baked Goods Competition
- 5 Essential Content Marketing Trends for 2020
- Dotwise Helps Local Kids Learn Web Design and SEO
- 10 Takeaways From SMX East, NYC in November 2019
- Tips for Hiring an SEO Agency in 2019
- Dotdash – Dotwise Digital Marketing Dashboard is Here!
- Understanding a Keyword Position Report
- What To Do If Your Search Rankings Suddenly Drop
- Reviews.co.uk vs Google Reviews
- The Art and Science of Professional Blog Writing
- Voice Search and the Future of SEO
- Timeline of Major Google Search Algorithm Updates
- Link Networks: How They Can Kill Your SEO
- Case Study: Improve Local Search Rankings Against Competitors
- Google to Distrust all Symantec SSL Certificates
- 10 Easy Ways to be Found in Local Search
- What are Featured Snippets and How Do You Get Them?
- Future of SEO
- SEO in Vertical Markets
- 5 Things Your Business Should Not Ignore
- PPC vs SEO - Which is Better?
- How to Dominate Local Search With PPC Marketing
Pay-Per-Click advertising includes Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Instagram Ads, Twitter Ads and more
Social media management includes our daily social media content creation service plus tailor-made options.
Our web development and web design service delivers superb web experiences for all types of business.